We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA shouldn't default to Fresno flights for Bishop

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
TA shouldn't default to Fresno flights for Bishop

I just came back from a trip to Bishop to visit friends, and was randomly surfing the TripAdvisor Bishop page while talking to another friend about airfares. I clicked on the "Flights to Bishop" link, and was surprised to be provided with airfares to Fresno. Fresno isn't the closest airport -- the closest airport by far is Mammoth Yosemite Airport, served by Alaska Airlines. It's 37 miles from there to Bishop, according to MapQuest. If you fly into Fresno, because of the mountains, you have to drive south through Bakersfield and Tehachapi and north again through Lone Pine to get to Bishop -- MapQuest says it's at least a five-hour drive. Even Reno/Tahoe Airport is a quicker way to get to Bishop than flying to Fresno.

2 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: TA shouldn't default to Fresno flights for Bishop

No one here is going to be able to help you with this issue.

Perhaps if you report via the Help Center (link at the bottom of every page). But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,853 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: TA shouldn't default to Fresno flights for Bishop

The number of people searching for flights to Bishop on TA is, I am just guessing here, approximately less than 5, and I am being generous. I don't know what TA's algorithm is for directing flight search is. But I agree I would not hold my breath waiting for them to change.

Reply to: TA shouldn't default to Fresno flights for Bishop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bishop