We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 03:35

16 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,833 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Not sure I get the 8-5 M-F issue. That may be their business model. If you were renting for one day and it included a weekend, why did you not rent from another rental company - I see Hertz in the same block which is open on Saturdays and would not need to pay for 3 days. Also did you not have insurance or take insurance to cover issues

I am sorry that Enterprise is being a pain but I would think between the insurance company and the local police you should be ok.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,921 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Sorry for your problem with Enterprise. I think off airport Enterprise locations are usually closed on weekends. I have rented from Enterprise before and I know they are closed on Sundays. Maybe Bishop is not big enough to be open on Saturdays. This is not a secret, I go in with eyes wide open knowing their office hours. Yes why not rent from Hertz?

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
614 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Honestly, it isn't the easiest thing to do to get to Bishop unless you're already driving -- so renting a car isn't high on the priority list for visitors, I'd bet. Hence the office hours that fit the majority of residents that need a rental while their car is in the shop, or they need a car to drive to Reno for the day, that sort of thing.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,385 posts
6,004 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Stop whining and enjoy life.

Bishop is not near an airport.

Bishop is not on a train route.

its quite normal for car rental places even in larger towns to close by Friday or Saturday noon and not open titll after the holidays - are you a novice traveler - sounds like it.

they did not steal from you - this is their normal business model and if you were to travel in small towns more frequently you would realize - this is normal.

Stop whining

your story shows you need to calm down and do something fun in the future.

by the way - your car broke down - its not the rental car companies fault.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 00:25
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Another great demonstration confirming why TA does not accept reviews for car rental companies.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

I don't see that Enterprise is an utter scam. You knew going in that they were not open on weekends so you could have made a decision to rent at another place at that point. You agreed to the 3 day rental instead of searching out a better option for you. Since you had paid for the car already why drop it off to an unsecured lot. That just doesn't even seem smart.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,795 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

You got a lot of good advice you probably should have went to Hertz,but also not many people rent from small towns,i always rent from a airport then drive to a small town ect. bottom line you live and you learn.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,385 posts
6,004 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

The problem here is that the person did not plan to rent a car - and if he had planned to rent a car, he would have know what the terms of the rental car was. His car broke down and then he did not want to wait to rent a car. Even the enterprise in San Jose closes on Saturday noon and does not open until after a 3 day holiday on Tuesday morning. In general, on holidays, airport car rentals stay open, but not small towns (and even larger communities like San Jose, california.). its one of the less expensive car rentals in town and it is usually used by locals who are getting their car repaired and need it to get to work, etc. when their car is in the shop multiple days. We have rented from Enterprise on a multiple day trip as well, but since they are not a major one we usually rent from Avis, or Hertz when flying.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

But why blame Enterprise when one agrees to the terms and knows that the rental period includes days you don't need it? Then go to a site like TA to complain about terms agreed to. There are so many of these types on TA and are universally unfair. Guess people don't like to take responsibility for their own poor decisions.

Palos Verdes, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!

Unfortunately Hertz didn't have any cars available. They were our first option. Definitely use them instead. Bishop whole wconomy is baaed on the visior industry. The limited hours are basically a set-up to force visitors into paying for extra days they dont need, and having to drop-off cars without inspection. We still have not received any proof of the damage they claim was done and they are still renting out the car. I am filing a complaint with CA Ins Comm for fraud damage claim. My point in posting here is to warn the rest of you to not do business with this unscrupulous company. FYI they have an F rating with BBB. This isn't just my experience.

Reply to: Never Rent a Car from Enterprise in Bishop, CA!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bishop