We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Hotel

Which Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Hotel

During our trip to Pollenca, hubby and I may sneak off for a night in a luxury hotel. Can anyone suggest a really top class hotel close by, although we will have a car. Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,913 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Hotel

Son Brull.You will need a car.Not sure if you can stay just one night.It is near Pollensa Golf Club.Or Hotel San Vicenc in Cala San Vicente which I like the look of.A place to chill.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Hotel

Thats helpful WS, now just need to persuade my Mum to look after the kids back at the villa!!! Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Hotel

Yes Son Brull is the place for you. If you cannot get to stay the night then the restaurant looks interesting for you and hubby (must try it myself sometime, only had a look at the place so far).

Just in case WS or I have not mentioned it before, the top place to eat in the area is Restaurant Stay in Puerto Pollensa, so that would be a good alternative for special evening dinner for you and hubby (must book in adavance).

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Hotel

The Hotel Illa d'Or in Puerto Pollensa always looks nice Ninabean. I haven't stayed there but it looks fantasic, nice and quiet area at the foot of the mountains.

Edited: 20 April 2012, 10:38
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Hotel

Nina, whilst the Illa d'Or is in a superb spot (have had many a drink on their outside terrace) and some of the inside ground floor areas have been really well updated in recent years, I haven't suggested it as I think you may find that many of the other guests there are somewhat older than you. (Hope I'm not offending anyone)

Edited: 20 April 2012, 20:57
wirral
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Hotel

Thanks all. Wish I was as young as you think KWUK!!! Mid to late forties is getting on a bit now! Stay is defo on the agenda too but think we will probably take the whole family there if you think it is suitable?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Hotel

Push the boat out and try the Hotel Formentor. Fantastic location, interesting history. Nice and expensive means no riff raff.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,913 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Hotel

The only things luxurious about H Illa d'Or are the prices and the location.The Hotel itself is overpriced ordinary.You can spend the same money for lots more in the area.Believe me I stayed there once.Never again unless they reduce the price 50%.It now has a goldfish-bowl sized outdoor swimming pool which doesn't get any sun.

Re Reste Stay.Children/teens won't be as enamoured with it as adults.Think the kids might be happier at Tango Sa Vostra (at half the price/half the location).It is more laid back than Stay.But as KWUK said Stay is the place for a special celebration eg an evening away on your own as a couple away from the family.The set menu is fair value and top quality.One couldn't say 35 euros each All Inclusive is cheap but I have never come away from Stay and felt I didn't get value for money.(Tango Sa Vostra the same).

scotland
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Hotel

Another couple of options below

Hotel Ca'l Lloro http://cal-lloro.com/en/index.html

http://www.hotelposadalluc.co.uk/ in the old town of Pollensa

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts