We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April weather

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
April weather

Hi there.

I’ve booked my family to go to Seefeld at the start of April I was just wondering what type of clothes should I pack? Is the weather generally still quite cold?

Thanks for the help.

Rosshutte
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Sankt Oswald
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Seekirchl
Churches & Cathedrals
7 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: April weather

Hello, yes, you are right. You should definitely take your winter cloths also with you, especially if you intend to spend the time in higher locations. Even if you will probably enjoy sunny weather....

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,661 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April weather

the ski season closes on the 2 april so there will be plenty of snow in the area. probably not down in the village itself. and even in april, it can snow. so be prepared for the cold and take it as a bonus if the sun is out and warm.

by the way, why did you book for that time? place will be very quiet. lifts will be closed. ground will be soggy underfoot

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April weather

Yes, not the best time as no summer activities will be open and as Nak says winter ones will be closed. From your other posts you were there in the summer too or did you not make it?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April weather

I booked for April because I heard it was one of the best times to visit Austria. I have free cancellation so I might end up going somewhere else! Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April weather

Yep I was there in the summer and wanted to go back. The weather was quite hot when I was there and I have a toddler I thought it might be cooler for him in April but didn’t realise it would still be quite cold! Never mind we can always go somewhere else!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,661 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April weather

not sure where you heard it was one of the best times to visit !

if you are not stuck for dates, the very end of april and into may is really the best spring time to visit the country. an area like salzkammergut would be milder than most at that time. and plenty to do. most "summer season" activities open at that time

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April weather

Thank you so much!

Reply to: April weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol