We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter clothes

Kununurra, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Winter clothes

Hello!

I am taking my partner on a surprise trip to seefeld at the end of jan/beginning of February to hopefully see some snow (he is Australian and has never experienced it before!)

What clothing would you recommend we take? Are snow shoes advisable? We aren’t skiers but hopefully will be doing some nice country walks!

Thanks in advance!

Rosshutte
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Sankt Oswald
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Seekirchl
Churches & Cathedrals
4 replies to this topic
Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter clothes

have a look at the thread below 'Proper Clothing' op Derfel C. That will be pretty accurate for you as well, but just adjust it to suit! Quantity of snow is always totally unpredictable, but you should have some - possibly too much to do much walking, other than low-level stuff. Waterproof shoes are a must (ankle-high is better, stops snow going in.)..

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter clothes

We were at Kitzbuhel (and then Switzerland) in Jan this year and it was very cold, but it snowed every day which was gorgeous! As an example I wore a long sleeved thermal Tshirt under a regular T shirt. I had a waterproof, warm down jacket (Kathmandu XT driFill). Add scarf and gloves and i was always warm. Those jackets are pricey, and way too warm to wear in Australia, so if you do not plan to do further winter travel, you may want to go with something lighter and wear more underneath.

Indoors tend to be very warm, so you want to be able to strip down easily.

Waterproof, insulated boots are essential for walking in the snow, again good ones can be pricey, but you might get lucky and find some on ebay.

Edited: 15 December 2017, 20:52
Mentioned in this post
Kitzbuhel
Kitzbuhel
Tirol, Austria
Soweto, South Africa
Level Contributor
12 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter clothes

Have a look in Decathlon website, they have lots of ideas for ski holiday clothing

Kununurra, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter clothes

Thanks all, your help is very much appreciated!

X

Reply to: Winter clothes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol