We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
163 posts
How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

Hi,

I happened to check in Austrian Train website Oebb.at...

Departure from Seefeld In Tirol and destination @ Leutasch Geisterklamm.

There is a Bus No#4186 which reaches this place and passes via Mittenwald Dekan-Karl-Platz & Mittenwald Bahnhof (Postamt) finally going back to Seefeld.

Is this right just in case i happen to come from Seefeld.

Alternatively i presume can board this same bus from Mittenwald Bahnhof.

How far i need to walk after i alight from this bus at stop called Leutasch Geisterklamm. Or does this bus actually drops u just near Gorge entrance then?

Thanks for suggestions

Rosshutte
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Seekirchl
Churches & Cathedrals
Sankt Oswald
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

Just check on the internet. The bus stops close and then you walk.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but if this helps:

We stayed in Seefeld last year. We got the bus at about 100 metres from the train station (come out of the train station and turn left). Get on the right bus! Ask the driver. There is a bus stop outside the Geisterklamm. So you're not really getting out at a village.

It was a sunny day in early June, and the day out was fantastic! (If you're not scared of heights, obvs.) We paid a little extra to see the big waterfall at the far end. Well worth it. There is a small cafe there. Take your camera / phone / iPad. Yes, ladies, your hair will get damp and go frizzy.

We then walked to Mittenwald (in theory, you need a passport, we but we didn't have to show one.) and then got the train home to Seefeld.

BUT... we had great trouble getting anyone to understand us, and WE didn't understand the train station timetables very well. No-one could point us in the right direction - we didn't even know North or South) and to the right platform, even the locals. We missed one train and got the very last one back an hour later (at about 7 or 8pm)?, but it was almost by pure luck.

So plan well !

________

The descent from the gorge is through woods, steep and twisty-turny. Walking boots advised. We are in our mid-60s and my wife wasn't happy! You can miss out the best bits and climb up (not far) to a main road halfway through the journey.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

(duplicate post cancelled)

Edited: 15 May 2017, 21:02
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

Too late I am sure for you but the bus stop is right by gorge entrance....a cafe and guide at the start. Also a car park here. We walked the gorge walk then on to Mittenwald and caught train back to Seefeld.

5. Re: How to plan for Leutasch Geisterklamm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2018, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol