We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Seoul to Seoraksan

USA
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
travel from Seoul to Seoraksan

I am traveling from Seoul to Seoraksan next month, and wondering if I have to travel all the way to Sokcho, and then catch another bus from Sokcho to Seoraksan, or if I can bypass Sokcho completely?

Also, is it possible to stay in Sokcho and take the bus in daily for hikes? or should I spend the night at the Kensington for easier access to the park? As long as the busses run frequently, I am considering staying in Sokcho (so that I will have more options for dinners), but wanted to make sure that transportation is easy to the park.

I plan to hike Ulsan Bawi on day. Any other must see hikes that you recommend?

2 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
1. Re: travel from Seoul to Seoraksan

AFAIK, there is no direct bus from Seoul to Seoraksan.

Intercity buses will all go to Sokcho, then you can take the city bus (i think there are two buses) for Seoraksan.

Lots of trails in Seoraksan, so you might want to send a couple of days there to explore. Besides the Ulsanbawi course, the Geumganggul Cave Course seems to be pretty good too. Buses to and from Seoraksan are frequent, last bus maybe around the time the park closes. I think you can stay in Sokcho and take day trips to Seoraksan. Cheaper accomodation options and you can explore Sokcho too.

Daepohang in Sokcho has good seafood options for dinner and you can also catch the sunrise along the beach too.

Edited: 02 May 2018, 02:55
Asia
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: travel from Seoul to Seoraksan

Take subway heading to Express Bus Terminal station, Exit 1 or Exit 2. Walk towards Dong Seoul Bus Terminal or Express Bus Terminal. Go to the ticket counter to find the next available seat and bus to Sokcho City. Upon arrival at Sokcho Express Bus Terminal, cross the street and walk further to wait at the local bus stop. Board bus # 7 or 7-1.

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp…

Reply to: travel from Seoul to Seoraksan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted