We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Option In Tagaytay

Which Tagaytay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Internet Option In Tagaytay

Hi, I am going to stay in Tagaytay for 23 days. if anyone can suggest me a good internet option which works well in Tagaytay. I am going to use my laptop there.

Thank you

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

Smart Bro --> http://smart.com.ph/bro/products/plugit.htm

For 1,245 pesos you'll get a modem stick which you can use anywhere in the Philippines (including Tagaytay of course). 24 hrs. unlimited surfing is just 50 pesos. --> http://smart.com.ph/bro/services/unlisurf.htm

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
281 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

I think there's a 1GB bandwidth cap for this.

If you're using a 3g-capable and open-line phone, you may buy a local SIM card instead for about 50 pesos. If Smart's speed is too slow, you may also choose Globe Telecom or Sun Cellular.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

Internet in Tagaytay? It should be the last to worry about

Medellin, Colombia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

I'm moving to Tagaytay long term in March.

Looking at some nice houses that are just far enough off the beaten path that DSL or cable may not be an option.

I need good reasonably fast internet tv would also be nice.

The aircard my brother has there is crap lucky to get 1990 dial-up speeds.

Can anyone tell me if there is another option?

cable, satelite, cans & string?

Is there more than 1 cell provider?

maybe some way to use multiple cards together?

Manila
Level Contributor
618 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

When I was in Tagaytay, i use McDonald's free wi-fi... 4mbps! (according to speedtest.net)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

If you are staying in Tagaytay long term, you can use the wifi of the place you are staying at. most hotels and places that rent rooms in Tagaytay have good internet (free wifi).

If you still wish to access the net when outside your house (though it beats me why you would need to do that....), then you can use the free wifi at most fast food places, cafes and restaurants - as TD has correctly pointed out.

manila
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

Local mobile networks (Smart, Globe, Sun) has mobile router packages with prepaid sim cards. You can check out their websites and see what suits you. Prices are similar, but signal can vary. Would go with Smart as the safest choice as it has the widest network and piggybacking on PLDT technology. I am on a Globe data plan and 3G (sometimes HSPA) signal in Tagaytay is pretty respectable, though)

8. Re: Internet Option In Tagaytay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:41