We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

London, United...
1 post
Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

I am a photographer live in London but born in Pakistan. I am planing to visit Chitral, Hunza, Gilgit in February 2017. I would appreciate if someone please give me a little guide about me trip. I have some questions in mind.

1- I understand weather will be very cold in Feb, my concern is are the roads/routs safe to drive from Islamabad? or shall take local coach?

2 - I would love to capture the beauty of those areas as well as the culture and the people. Please do suggest me any specific spot/activity to visit.

3 - Would I be able to capture some Polo matches during Feb in Gilgit? i guess it is very popular in Gilgit. or is there any festival around?

4 - How is overall current safety and security situation?

5 replies to this topic
islamabad
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
1. Re: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

Yes,its very cold in Gilgit,Hunza,Chitral & Kalash valleys in February but the roads re safe to drive. The road over Lawari Pass to Chitral will be closed due to heavy snow though Laweari Tunnel will be open for traffic twice a week (Friday,Sunday),also there re flights from Islamabad & Peshawar (subject to weather conditions).

You will be able to witness polo matches in February in Gilgit as well Chitral because its very cold to play polo.

The current safety & security situation is perfect in both Gilgit & Chitral.

2. Re: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2016, 15:32

3. Re: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2016, 15:23
Edited: 04 December 2016, 15:23

4. Re: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 04 December 2016, 15:23

Karachino, Russia
1 post
5. Re: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February

Salaam,

My family (2 Adults + 2 children ages 10 yeras) planning to visit Chitral, Kalash & Azad Kashmir Areas from 15-30 July, 2017.

As the last year flood in Kashmir and Chitral areas and several injusries etc, I am afraid to go there...

What about current circumstances there ???

Are the Hotels or other staying places are safe to go ???

Thanks and Regards

Amir Ansary

0300-2040934

Reply to: Visiting Chitral and Hunza in February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted