We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No permits for foreigners to Chitral ?

Berlin, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
No permits for foreigners to Chitral ?

Hi,

While doing some search on google I came across some information that I want to confirm here, it says the foreigners needed a permit for traveling to Chitral by road from Islamabad in past, the restrictions have been has lifted , anybody could confirm it ?

I am looking at you chitralimran ?

The official letter as follows ..

https:/…

1 reply
Islamabad Capital...
Level Contributor
195 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No permits for foreigners to Chitral ?

AOA,

The foreigners who were intending to travel to Chitral from Islamabad/Peshawar through Dargai, Malakand pass, Dir and Lowari pass in past, they required a permit/NOC from home department Peshawar, that was a lengthy procedure, 2, 3 weeks, but luckily it was abolished yesterday officially at Peshawar and the official letters has been sent to all the relevant departments.

So now the foreigners can travel to Chitral overland from Islamabad/Peshawar freely, but please keep some 10, 12 copies of the passport and Pakistan visa pages along with the copies of the letter, for the security check posts en route from Islamabad/Peshawar to Chitral.

Bon voyage mes amis ..

Edited: 30 March 2016, 19:23
Reply to: No permits for foreigners to Chitral ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted