We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chitral festival may 2017

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
chitral festival may 2017

Does anyone know when the what's the date for Joshi festival in 2017? and possible to hire local driver upon landing in Chitral? as im thinking how i can go to grum village or other places from Chitral town ...

Edited: 25 February 2017, 11:38
19 replies to this topic
islamabad
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
1. Re: chitral festival may 2017

The spring festival (Joshi) starts from 13th of May,there will be final in Rumbur on 15th of May & the grand final will be in Bomburet valley on 16th of May.

Public transport is available from Chitral to Bomburet & Rumbor valleys which takes about 2 hrs to each valley.

A hired jeep will cost about 5000/6000 PKR per day.

Munich, Germany
14 posts
2. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Hi,

It's some 50 Km from Chitral airport to Grome village of Rumbur, hiring a jeep would be better, the road is very bad these days.

The dates of Joshi are from 14th to 17th of May, 15th May last day in Rumbur, 16th May Bamburet and 17th May in Birir valley.

selamat datang ke Pakistan kawan saya

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Thanks both! where can i find the shop/ people who rent jeep?

Before Chitral, i will be in Hunza. Do you know if there is any overnight bus that go from Hunza to Chitral? and the location & price for boarding the bus?

@lonelytrekker71, u know Malay well! =)

4. Re: chitral festival may 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2017, 19:35

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
5. Re: chitral festival may 2017

All most every 2nd shop in Hunza (Karimabad) bazaar & every hotel rents jeep or can arrange it for you,no need to go to any specific shop,hotel or to a person.

As i mentioned in the other post that there is no over night bus from Gilgit to Chitral,the bus for Chitral leave from Gilgit not from Hunza.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Again, you clarified my questions. Hopeful the answers help other travelers as well.

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
7. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Let's hope.

Islamabad Capital...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Hi,

The buses leave early in the morning from Gilgit to Mastuj, 12, 13 hrs across Shandur pass.

There are rent a car offices in Karimabad, you could find a jeep or car from there.

After staying overnight in Mastuj, you could take a car/van to Chitral, 4 hrs drive.

Good luck..

Lahore, Pakistan
2 posts
9. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Is there any camping arrangement in chitral with or without camp and what's its rent per night.

Islamabad Capital...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: chitral festival may 2017

Greetings from Chitral,

In Kalash valleys you could pitch your own tent or hire a tent from 500 to 800 Pkrs.

Hotels in Kalash valleys start from 1500 Pkrs, during festival days difficult to find some space.

Reply to: chitral festival may 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted