We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pakulala Safari Camp

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pakulala Safari Camp

Pictures look really good but reviews only go a couple of weeks back. There is no mention of this camp anywhere on the forum. Is it brand new?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pakulala Safari Camp

I've never heard of it. What I find is that it doesn't have a website of its own, nor does it provide info of who owns and runs the camp. It seems popular with tours and e-agencies. Given that almost all the reviews come from Spain at a similar time, I would say they were all on the same tour, or on some FAM tour or encouraged to post. I would be suspicious of the reviews. Though everyone needs to start somewhere.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pakulala Safari Camp

It is pretty new and appears to be in one of the special campsites on the crater rim.

It gets pretty cold up there for me a lot would depend on the cost by comparison to other crater lodges.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pakulala Safari Camp

This camp has been around for 3 or 4 years. It is run by a company that was using it only for their own group trips of Spanish customers. This year they decided to open the camp to other tour operators as I have been nagging them for some time that I wanted to send clients here. The location is amazing.

We have been sending clients here over the past few months. Everyone has been very happy with the camp. They do also have a camp in Serengeti called Pumzika Safari Camp. We did also ask them to get it listed on TA as it was not easy to sell the camp to our clients without a listing on the site. After they listed I think they probably sent a mailing to their past customers asking them to review. They do have some 2000 customers a year from their own group trips, so finding space is not always a guarantee. I hope this fills in the details.

By the way they do also have a website, but it is not very complete yet. They are operated under the name Sura Afrika and you should find the site with a google search.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 20:04
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pakulala Safari Camp

Thanks for the clarifications.

5. Re: Pakulala Safari Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19