We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

washington dc
Level Contributor
249 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

I was on safari at the Crater last month / Sept2013. I read so much information here even some saying that it may not be a bad idea to skip the Crater all together. Well although I will say that it did not compare to my visit to the Serengeti I am very happy that we made the visit.

Very tranquil feeling being on the crater floor and beautiful photo ops. We actually saw more predators here than we saw in Tarangire which I did not expect.

Take a look at my blog if you'd like picks and more details of our experience.

carryingonbags.com/ngorongoro-crater-safari-…

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

Thanks-nice report. I agreee that Ngorongoro was 4 out of 4 for me, and had the feel of a wildlife park, but it is not to be missed for a first trip.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

thank you for a good experience

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

Thanks again Phoenix. Keep them coming.

washington dc
Level Contributor
249 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

Yep I agree, If you are fortunate to have the option to visit the crater then do it. Some folks may be pressed for time or cash in that case if you have to eliminate a destination it may have to be the crater.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

I really liked your video. It's nice to experience the sounds.

In a previous entry on your blog you mentioned you use a camcorder that takes photo. I like the photos you have taken. What camera are you using? It may be ideal for my husband.

I look forward to your next entries-chris

6. Re: My Visit to Ngorongoro Crater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:17