We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

Hi, has anyone done a night game drive whilst staying at Ngome Safari Camp, just wondering is it something we should not miss doing, also have not looked at cost of including it yet.

Thanks Bez

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

Hi Bez_7

Ngome safari Camp is int he Fort Ikoma Area outside the Serengeti National Park. It is surrounded by other camps and a few villages in the area. I don't think it is a good area for a night game drive...but it depends on what you what to see and experience.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

Hi,

Thanks for your reply having not been to Tanz before I do not know what to expect haha, it sounds like it could be interesting and fun, I suppose the point is finding animals in the dark I just don't want to spend a couple of hours driving around and not seeing anything.

Regards

Bez

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

Bez you might see some very small animals and it is great fun....as others know I do love night game drives.

But I have seen your itinerary and would suggest for such a short stay skip the Ikoma area as it is too far to drive for the time you have.

The best place to do night game drives outside the parks is at Tarangire and for such a short trip I would not go there.

4. Re: Night Game drive from Ngome Safari Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:20