We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Views from Crater Rim Lodgings

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Views from Crater Rim Lodgings

If one arrives at the Ngorongoro Crater at/after dusk, goes down into the crater first thing next morning and does not stay there overnight after that, is any additional value provided by the more expensive rim lodgings whose main selling point is the crater views as compared to the lodgings without the crater veiws? What can one see of the crater from the rim once it's dark?

Also, is the crater visible from the rim road, i.e., if I were to go for a walk along the road in daylight, can I see the crater? I assume there are no lookout points like on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. :)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Views from Crater Rim Lodgings

Sorry Ghumoon, I misunderstood.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Views from Crater Rim Lodgings

Remember that tips need to be factored in-and it makes a difference when dividing up the amount with a group.

13. Re: Views from Crater Rim Lodgings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21