We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stolen camera,Rhino photos Ngorongoro crater, Lions in trees

auckland
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stolen camera,Rhino photos Ngorongoro crater, Lions in trees

Hello fellow travellers.

I have a favour to ask. While on safari in Ngorongoro Crater and Serengheti, we were unlucky enough to have our camera stolen, and right at the beginning! We managed to borrow a camera halfway through the trip, but missed some stellar opportunities.

We saw 5 Rhino in the crater, and have no shots. I am wondering if there is anyone out there kind enough to send me some images of these wonderful creatures? Of course a professional with a mega-zoom would be ideal ;-)

Also we saw a pride of 15 lions in the trees in Serengheti. We got a few distant shots, but again truly crave some high quality images of close ups.

I realise I could just get some from google, but would really love it first hand from a fellow traveller.

We were there in start of April, so if anyone else was too, please help!

Email me at sumosui@gmail.com

Thanks in advance and fingers crossed! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Crater
3,485 Reviews
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge
Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge
742 Reviews
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stolen camera,Rhino photos Ngorongoro crater, Lions in trees

It's sad to hear things like that happening. I felt completely safe durign my Mt Meru climb & camping safari, I had my camera, tripod & telephoto lens with me. It wasn't glued to my body but as a rule, I never like to leave it out of my sight.

12. Re: Stolen camera,Rhino photos Ngorongoro crater, Lions in trees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:16