We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
70 reviews
distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

many tours always talk about sleeping on hammock on Day 2 of the 3D2N trip

for example

http://www.kamadac.de/en/angel_falls-en.html

ospreyexpeditions.com/angelfallsexpedition.h…

hike-venezuela.com/en/tour-canaima-angelfall…

i presumed everyone is talking abt the hammock at the government-run camp on Isla Ratoncita? or is that a wrong assumption, and there are actually many different hammocks sites own by different companies, with different distances from the Angel Falls?

btw, how far away is the hammock from Angel Falls viewpoint? basically, i know you spend Day 2 visiting Angel Falls, but i am wondering do you actually get to see the falls again on Day 3 morning

thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
621 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

This is exactly what I want to know as well. Hope someone could reply soon!!!

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

I cannot answer your questions about distances from camp to the base but can highly recommend Osprey Expeditions as a tour operator.

We have had many of their customers as guests in our guesthouse here on Margarita Island. We have heard only positive things about them from their customers. I would think they can answer any of your questions about their tours.

Cartagena District...
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

I used waku tours and it was like this: From Puerto Ordaz we took a propeller plane (jetstream) to a hotel in Canaima. We explore this beautiful site the first day The second day at 10AM we tool a canoe for about 3 hours to the camp. we walked for 1,5 hours until the highest point where you get to see the waterfall the closest. Walked back (another 1,5hours) to camp, had dinner slept in hammocks and returned to hotel next day. It was worth it.

United States
Level Contributor
621 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

I have heard that the best time to visit Angel Falls is in the morning when it's less cloudy than during the day, the morning sunlight falls on the waters, and it's perfect for photography as well.

So, from any of tour providers - is it possible to visit the Falls on the 3rd day morning? Is the Falls visible from the hammocks or not?

Please let us know! Thanks!

5. Re: distance from hammock to Angel Falls viewpoint (3D2N trip)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2018, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Caracas