We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

I have 24,000 bolivares for sale, worth $5581 in US dollars. Tried many banks and airports in NY, however no one will exchange. I will not be visiting Venezuela anytime soon. If you are interested please contact me at pryankeefan69@yahoo.com.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 14:51
Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
142 replies to this topic
3 posts
Save Reply
131. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

Hi, you wanna buy?

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
132. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

The best place to sell it is on Ebay. Do as a fun but not investment.

To be honest, if you have left Bolivars in your wallet, please give them to cleaners in the airport. Many people are struggling with day to day life in Venezuela, returning back with bag full of bolivar won't make you achieve nothing.

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
133. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2018, 16:47

1 post
Save Reply
134. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

I have 4900 bolivares 2015 for exchange with USA dollars I'm in Philippines..

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
135. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

Bs.4.900 is worth less than US$0.02

United States
Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
136. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

I know this is a very generic question, but I wanted to know if there is any chance that Venezuelan economy will improve anytime soon?! What is the situation currently? I have some bolivares when I visited there, the rate for 1 USD was 16,000 bolivares. Today it is 2,66,000 bolivares!

Cartagena District...
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
137. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

Just a minor clarification:

No one knows what the exchange rate is or what it should be. The webpage that advertises that number (266,000) has no credibility (yet everybody seems to be following it).

Who knows when the ecomony will it improve:

On the one had you have a corrupt and inept government that has been in power for far too long.

On the other hand you have continuous attacks to Venezuelan payment system, smuggling and currency arbitrage by the US and its allies (mainly Colombia) increasing the pain and suffering of an already battered economy.

Edited: 27 January 2018, 17:41
Mentioned in this post
Colombia
Colombia
South America
138. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2018, 14:47

1 post
Save Reply
139. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

I have 3800 bolivares 2011/2012

And no one want to change why like this

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
140. Re: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?

Bs.3.800 is worth less than US$0.02.

Good souvenirs - nothing else.

Reply to: Where can I exchange Bolivares Fuertes to Dollars in the US?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caracas