We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are there beaches in caracas

Covington, Kentucky
2 posts
are there beaches in caracas

is there any hotels in caracas by the beach? Or do we have to go to another town once we land in caracas?

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
1. Re: are there beaches in caracas

The city of Caracas is 45 mins south of the coast (if no traffic). So you need to look for hotels nearer to the airport on the Littoral coast. La Guaira eastwards has some good beaches and beachside restaurants.

Covington, Kentucky
2 posts
2. Re: are there beaches in caracas

Thank you for the information. Do you know anything about Trinidad and Tobago? We was going to go there also on our trip. Do you know if Caracas or Trinidad and Tobago which one would be the better place to book a resort and enjoy the beach?

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
3. Re: are there beaches in caracas

If you want a beach holiday then why not try Margarita island? It has lots of all inclusive resorts, hotels and posadas. Caracas is not a beach resort location. You could combine Margarita with Tobago, there are even flights between Margarita and Port of Spain, and then it's just a 15 minute flight to Tobago.

I have been to Tobago a couple of times and I liked it, but it is more laid back than Margarita. Margarita is better for shopping malls, restaurants, etc. Would be ideal to combine the two islands in my opinion.

Caracas and the surrounding area (eg Littoral coast, El Avila, El Hatillo, Colonia Tovar) can be enjoyed for 2 or 3 days as well if you have the time/budget.

4. Re: are there beaches in caracas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:41
Get answers to your questions about Caracas