We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a home in Petare

Los Angeles...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buying a home in Petare

Can a gringo buy a home in Venezuela these days? How do you pay for it?

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying a home in Petare

Actually, you cant buy a property in Venezuela right now, as far as I know...before the restriction you had to have valid visa Transeunte Inversionista, without that visa you dont have the right to buy any property..now, if you do come to Venezuela with that visa, you had to make the Cedula de Identidad..after you found the property that you want to buy, before the signing of the contract, you have to ask for permision from National Guard, SAIME, SEBIN and ONA, if I remember correctly...when you get clearence from all mentioned above, you take all those permisions back to National Guard HQ where they issue you the final permission and with it you can go to registro and register the buying of the property on your name...all those permits you have to do is because Government wants to check you if you are not some kind of criminal or if you have some criminal history...this is 100% true because i spent a month going through this procedure 3 years ago...

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
12. Re: Buying a home in Petare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Caracas