We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

Hi,

Did anyone transit overnight in Caracas airport lately and any problems? I read some old posts that the police and security would take you to another room alone and search all over. If you dont have something for them, unlikely you could leave easily and games on...

Please share your experiences. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Caracas
Caracas
Capital Region, Venezuela
5 replies to this topic
Hell, Norway
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

Everything will be fine. I'm white British and I have been to Caracas many times and spent several months there. I have never had a problem with corrupt officials / street thugs even in "bad areas"

Mentioned in this post
Caracas
Caracas
Capital Region, Venezuela
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

When you say 'transit', do you mean you arrive there at night (European flights arrive at around 2.45/3pm) and take an onward international flight, or something else?

It's a ropey airport but if you ignore any people who ask you questions/offers of help and don't leave the terminal (not even for a quick look), you'll be OK.

If this isn't your situation, tell more.

As for the "everything is fine" message above, it most certainly isn't (I go there twice a year).

Hell, Norway
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

I arrived late at night there recently and everything was fine... I even walked to the car park and drove from there into caracas at 11PM at night... I wouldn't advise doing this but as I said everything was fine. If you look scared and act like you don't belong there people will sense that and try and exploit you. If anything take a licensed taxi from inside the terminal if your going into caracas. It would also help if you spoke a little Spanish. However the airport workers are not as corrupt as people on here claim they are... Not unless your wearing a solid gold rolex watch

Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

I had a short transit from Colombia to Curacao. And customs called me and about 9 others to get searched. They searched everything including the checked-in baggage and did a body X-Ray. This was in Valencia though. They were friendly about it, but, I don't think they needed to do this. It's possible they do this to make Curacao happy. I went from Cartagena to Aruba once, and the Colombians searched me and my Colombian lady friend, and the also X-Rayed our bodies. In Cartagena, my friend said the guy told her to take her clothes off down to her underwear. It was just him and her in the room. He didn't ask me to take my clothes off, but I don't blame him for that.

Mentioned in this post
Colombia
Colombia
South America
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Valencia
Valencia
Central Region, Venezuela
Cartagena
Cartagena
Cartagena District, Colombia
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?

Check out my blog for advice on the airport

https:/…

Reply to: Please share your experience in Caracas CSS airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caracas