We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iran main sights in 5 short days

London, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
Iran main sights in 5 short days

Dear All,

Just wondered if you could help me in planning & finalising my itinerary for a very quick & short tour in Iran early October.

As I will have only limited time to spend in that beautiful country, I still would like to utilise my time the best by visiting the main sights.

I will be arriving to IKA Airport Sunday early morning aand since my "must-see" sites are located in the countryside, I am hesitating to visit Tehran Centre at all or just traveling to Qom or Kashan the same day.

The second day I plan to travel onwards from Kashan to Esfahan for the day, on day 3 travelling at night to Yazd.

There I plan to stay for the night or travelling the next day early morning to Shiraz and then spending another half day as a half day trip to Persepolis.

I will be flying home from Shiraz Airport on Friday early morning.

I know my itinerary is very tight but as an active traveller hopefully I could utilise my days the best by either using night buses or travelling early mornings with coaches to the next place so that I won't "lose" time with travelling. I am also aware of the huge distances within Iran, just wondered if you could help me.

As the public bus schedules in the given towns is rather in Persian, would you be so kind and let me know possibe late-night bus schedules departing and arriving as follows:

- Kashan to Isfahan

- Isfahan to Yazd

- Yazd to Shiraz

Also, could you also tell me the approx. cost for using these buses?

Regardig my first question: would you recommend Kashan and Qom instead of staying for a full day in Tehran? Is it maybe possible to travel to Qom directly from IKA Airport?

I would appreciate any suggestion form you!

Shiraz, Iran
Destination Expert
for Iran
Level Contributor
855 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

Hi. Your plan is tight but I also agree with skipping Tehran. Visit Qom on the way and stay overnight in Kashan. You can also visit Persepolis on the way to Shiraz from Yazd if you hire a driver to save more time. There are frequent buses between these cities so you don't need to worry about that. You also need to take a private taxi from IKA to Kashan.

Best,

Arshia

Edited: 07 September 2017, 17:01
Tehran
Level Contributor
593 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

Hi

If i were you i will visit Kashan 1 day, Isfahan 2 days and Shiraz 2 days.

Fecamp, France
Level Contributor
420 posts
147 reviews
3. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

Hi

Day 1 sunday IKA Airport/ Kashan

Day 2 monday Kashan /Esfahan

Day 3 tuesday Esfahan

Day 4 wednesday Esfahan Yazd

Day 5 thursday Yazd Persepolis Shiraz

Day 6 friday departure

It seems difficult. Don't stop to Yazd or on day 1 after visit of Kashan go sleeping to Esfahan

Day 1 IKA airport/Kashan/Esfahan

Day 2 Esfahan

Day 3 Esfahan /road to Yazd in the end of afternoon

Day 4 Yazd /road to Shiraz in the night

Day 5 Shiraz

Day 6 departure

Chris

Isfahan, Iran
Level Contributor
984 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

i will visit Tehran 2 day, Kashan 1 day, Isfahan 2 days and Shiraz 2 days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
5. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

Hello everyone - first of all, many thanks for the quick response from all of you!

Yes, I know, my schedule is very tight, however if planning to travelling between the cities in the evening / at night and sometimes at hostels/hotels, I think I would utilise my days the best by sightseeing rather than spending hours with tavelling from one plce to the other the day.

Thanks for the advice that eliminating Tehran would be the best, however in case I would visit Qom before Kashan, I think I should first go to Tehran South Bus Terminal from the airport to catch a bus. Right? By the way, would you recommend stopping in Qom on the way to Kashan? Maybe for a couple of hours?

Also, could you tell me if planning to visit Shiraz on Day 5 would it be also enough to have a quick visit to Persepolis that day?

Secondly, since I will be entirely dependant on buses, could you tell me the following, please_

How long is the journey from:

Tehran to Qom?

Qom to Kashan?

Kashan to Esfahan?

Esfahan to Yazd?

Yazd to Shiraz?

Thanks you once again!!

6. Re: Iran main sights in 5 short days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Shiraz