We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

Hi,

We are a family of 4 which includes 2 young children. We are thinking of a short trip to Iran- fly into Shiraz and take a tour of Persepolis.

Alternatively, we can fly into Shiraz, visit Persepolis, then drive to Esfahan, spend a day or two and then head to Tehran. Fly out of Tehran. Will this be very hectic with kids?( One of them is 3 years old.)

14 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

I still think this is bearable to the children as the road in Iran is mostly good not to bumpy, and the bus (the VIP bus) is very comfortable so they can rest while on the road.

But if you can book a flight to Isfahan it will be more time savvy.

another alternative is you book a private car with driver to take you from Shiraz to Isfahan so you can make a stopover at some places of interest while en route.

If your kids are used on traveling I think they can keep up. As my daughter did while we're in Iran last winter.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

Hi!

your alternative choice is very attractive because you will see two more city than Shiraz but please consider the distance between Shiraz and Isfahan is more than 500 km and haven't so much beautiful eyesight,it is just desert. Once I drove between Isfahan and Shiraz and I promise myself it will be my last time,but you can first go to Tehran,after visit of Tehran go to Isfahan by bus,and then after seeing Isfahan go to Shiraz by train,that would be more diverse if you like diversity,and by the way I think if you leave Iran after vising Shiraz you will have a better memory of the whole trip,

3. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 04:05

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
281 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

please don't mislead the passengers by your comments.try not to guide them with incomplete and wrong information which misguide passengers.

THERE IS NO TRAIN BETWEEN SHIRAZ AND ISFAHAN

Level Contributor
788 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

Hi

you can get flight to Isfahan and then to Tehran

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

hi There

you can take flight from Tehran to Shiraz and Shiraz to Isfahan, and visiting Persepolis when you have accommodation in Shiraz and comeback to fly to Isfahan.

unfortunately there is not train from Shiraz to Isfahan, but there are VIP Buses.

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

There is a train but it doesn't stop in Esfehan yet.

8. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2017, 22:05

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

Thanks for your responses.

1) Will we be missing a lot if we don't go to Tehran?

2) if we drive from Shiraz to Esfahan and from Esfahan to Tehran, can we stop somewhere along the way for meals?

10. Re: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2017, 20:35

Reply to: Traveling to Iran with kids- advice needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shiraz