We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

S G
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
530 posts
43 reviews
Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

Does anyone know if there are any facilities for storing luggage at Alnmouth train station? I've done a search for this but can only find threads from 3+ years ago, so things may have changed since then.

I'm going to be in the area for one night, coming up from Newcastle on an evening and staying in Warkworth then heading home on the train from Alnmouth the following evening. I'll have been in Newcastle with work for a few days and will have a suitcase with me, and I don't really want to have to drag it around with me if I can avoid it - it would be much easier to leave it at the station if possible and just take a small backpack with my overnight stuff. I'm intending to do some walking and was hoping to organise it so I set off from Warkworth and end up back at Alnmouth station in time for my train home, so it would be a real pain if I had to factor in getting back to my accommodation to collect luggage.

7 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,809 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

Sorry nothing listed on nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/ALM…

Also as you can see from Google maps it is not exactly huge. http://tinyurl.com/pu65lmp

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
390 reviews
2. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

A couple of platforms and a ticket machine!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

You have to lower your expectations of the sprawling metropolis of Alnmouth! It's a tiny place with a tiny station. There is a left luggage place at Newcastle station which is probably the nearest.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
35,019 posts
1 review
4. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

< There is a left luggage place at Newcastle station which is probably the nearest. >

There wasn't a few months ago. Has it reopened?

London
Level Contributor
12,369 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

There are no lockers at any station in the UK. The authorities regard them as a security threat.

There are manned left luggage facilities at some larger stations.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
9 posts
111 reviews
6. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

There isn't a luggage facility at Alnmouth station. It's only 2 platforms - one going north and one going south - and a small ticket office with a waiting room that closes around 6.00 pm. There's a ticket machine, a vending machine and a toilet - but you collect the key from the station staff. Sorry but forget leaving anything there! Sorry, forgot the coffee van open during the mornings - which is excellent! And Warkworth is a few miles walk away. This is a very rural place! Beautiful but remote!

7. Re: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2018, 17:59

Reply to: Luggage lockers at Alnmouth station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alnmouth