We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilton to Almouth

Stirling, United...
3 posts
Bilton to Almouth

Can you walk with your dog, safely, from Bilton to Almouth?

5 replies to this topic
Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Coming down towards Alnmouth station. There’s no paths , but a 30 speed limit , same as most villages here ! Paths start before entrance to station , footpath through hipsburn. You need to cross road at roundabout to access for Alnmouth then paths all way to village.

Stirling, United...
3 posts
2. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Thanks very much for replying. The cottage I am looking at booking is Bee Cottage in Bilton & was just wondering if it would be do-able/realistic to walk to Almouth with my dog, do you think it would be ok to do?

Many thanks for your hell

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Not sure where that cottage is , but Bilton is quite small , it’s probably about one and a half miles to outside of village , it’s easy to get to beach and there’s other walks too , not much parking in Alnmouth , but you can park at the beach , summer a charge . Lots of resident parking , but there is free parking at far end of village , think it’s Riverside Road . It’s a nice area , also close to Warkworth which is worth a visit , and of course you’re also close to Alnwick , any more info needed just ask .

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Just looked at it , it’s a nice position , not too far without path ! No problem at all . My grandparents lived there , but a lot further up, a long walk for my little legs , going back many years !!

Stirling, United...
3 posts
5. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Thank you SO much for taking the time to give me this really helpful info! Reb area looks & sounds gorgeous.........& im looking forward to lots of nice doggie walks 🐶 Thanks so much sgdin💫

Reply to: Bilton to Almouth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alnmouth