We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Hi

Looking at a first visit to Nerja and drawn by the Tuhillo apartments near Hotel Parador at the moment , had a good look on google street view etc but looking for some advice please.

Would you say that a 10 min walk from the Balcon is accurate without speed walking? :-)

Is it a fairly level walk? And is it a pleasant walk without trying to navigate busy roads and building sites

Also if we wanted to do the odd day or night on the Paeso de la Burriana do you have to walk all round the Hotel Parador or is there a short cut as looking at google maps it's seems a strange route where you are walking quite a way back upon yourself if this makes sense..thanks for any help

Jo

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Hi jojo, Tuhillo apartments are highly regarded & in a nice area. Yes approx 10 min pleasant walk along Carabeo & on the flat. I can't think of any building sites.

To get to Burriana you have to walk down the zigzag path behind the Parador, it is very steep & hard going on the way back up.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 10:22
Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Hi Jo, The Tuhillo apartments are indeed within a 10min walk to the balcon and it is a level pleasant walk, IMO probably one of the nicest in Nerja.

To visit Burriana you really have 2 choices of how to get there. First is to navigate around the Pardor Hotel as there is no short cut and you will find a pedestrian path that zig zags down to the beach ( known by most as the Zig Zag path). There is a short hill to decend at the end.

Secondly from Tuhillo heading toward town there is a View point and access via steps down to Carabeillo beach from which you can walk along the beach and join up with Burriana beach. Quite a lot of steps but either option you have to encounter steps or a hill.

I hope that helps.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Thanks both for the replies great help ... We would probably spend most evenings in Nerja "proper" and not big beach people , love to look at it but prefer a pool but for a change might like to do an odd night at bars round Burriana .... I'm presuming there are bars and restaurants on the Paeso there ..so is the Paeso at beach level there and so still a walk down hill ?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Thanks , I've been on street view , my dad would struggle with the hill but then again mom and dad only coming for 4 days so could avoid it

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Yes there are lots of bars & restaurants there, all at sea level, including the famous Ayo's. However I think that the paella is better at some of the other chinguiritos. Burriana is like a little resort of it's own.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

Thanks again

Halfwayers...you recommended the Torrecilla beach area as more accessible do you or anyone know of any 3 bed private rentals between the Hotel Monica area and the Balcon..or there a bouts of similar quality to the Tuhillo ..thanks

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

The Parador area is more or less as accessible to the Balcon as the Torrecilla area is. However the beach at Torrecilla is more easily accessible.

3 bed apartments are not easy to come by. Acapulco Playa & Las Palmeras are all 1 or 2 beds, you could try Fuentes, perhaps they have a 3 bed? I'll have a look on a few websites. There are 3 little roads off Avenida Mediterraneo that have lovely townhouses but again I don't know how many beds they have. The Carabeo apartments look lovely, they are at the Balcon end of carabeo. Toboso apartments right next to the Balcon hotel may have 3 beds? Perhaps Nerjaace can give you some more advice on where to look as living here I think he may be a little more au fait than me.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

jj-nerjarentals.com/Luxury-3-Bedroom-Apartme…

3 bed in Carabeo

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

thanks for spending the time having a look will check your suggestions out thanks

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuhillo apartments area / walking distances

If the torrecilla area is more at beach level would that mean to get to the Balcon area would be an incline ? So would we lose out that way so to speak?