We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to bring

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
what to bring

Can anybody help please, coming to Nerja next sunday and restricted with lugage weight. Looking at forcast it is not warm at night has anybody got suggestions what to wear on an evening. We are staying at Villa Flamenco but will probably going out of an evening. Any advice would bmost appreciated

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what to bring

Hi there

If you "wear" the layers then you won't have to pack them ;-)

It's not that cold at night, i'm still wandering around in t shirt and jeans. Only on the odd night will i wear maybe a hoody, but other than that it's not cold cold - however it can all change very quickly.

Wear what you'd normally wear at home when it's a bit nippy.

CB

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what to bring

Carole, if I were going next week I'd just take a good fleece rather than the winter coat that I would have taken recently. You'd need that anyway getting to & from the UK airport - & then with the fleece you should be ok with t shirt or similar underneath?

Hopefully you'll have some lovely sunny days. Have fun!

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to bring

thankyou both. really cant wait to go, we are not expecting wall to wall sunshine but anything would be a bonus, we are going to enjoy the culture and walking. thankyou for your advice.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to bring

Agree with CB - wear layers to go on the plane. I often use Ryanair and have only hand luggage. It's amazing how many tops/skirts you can take, by layering them!!

Last March,it was quite varied, but I found a fleece was fine, to ward off the early morning/evening chill......and day temperatures warmed up beautifully.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to bring

It's still too cold for just t-shirt at night here. Expect to wear a jumper or fleece at night.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to bring

cheers, jumper getting packed. Not that worried at night as long as we have the chance of a bit of sun through day. Anything at this time of year is a bonus.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: what to bring

Oh you should be fine during the day, it's been gorgeous and forecast is for more of the same so keeping everything crossed for you.

Well maybe i'm hot blooded then as only on one night (post midnight) when i've been out have i needed anything more than a t shirt this winter :) Must be all the lovely Vodka running around my veins keeping me warm !!!

Carole, if you're used to North Yorks weather i'm sure you'll be fine LOL.

CB

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to bring

Often out at this time of year, we often have to ask for a fan as the heating still on. Usually a light weight sweater over the shoulder and short sleeved shirt. Must admit last two years freezing in u.k. before coming out, so between 8 and 12 at night tropical.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to bring

Thanks Thats very true.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
11 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what to bring

Just got back from villa flamenco today, i was in tshirt and short skirt everyday. Plenty of people were at the beach and pool in bikinis. Then i had dresses for the night time which when we walked down to the bars i put a coat over the top. Never felt cold enough to cover my legs. We did take sweat shirts as well just incase but didnt need them, just travelled in them just in case. We went to grenada for the day and it is cold if you go there you need layers.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations