We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help. Normally we go to lanzarote but this year we are having a change!! and are going to Nerja on 2nd Aug for 2 weeks never been before. We are staying in Perla Marina Hotel. Can anyone tell me please where is the cheapest place to buy cigarettes and wine. In Lanzarote you have the Indian shops which you can buy a carton of cigarettes for 20 euro. Does any places like that exist in Nerja?? Cant wait to go!! Good restaurant recommendations would be good as well.

Thanks a lot.!!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

You can only buy Cigarettes etc. at Estancos - State controlled Tobacconists - so the prices are the same whichever branch you go in.

Type Nerja Restaurants in the Search Box and you will find loads of suggestions.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

If you buy cigarettes from a machine in a bar they'll cost more than from the Tabac. From the Perla Marina walk along Avenida Mediterraneo towards the centre & turn left into Avenida Castilla Perez, you'll find a Tabac a short way up on your left.

On your way (opp hotel Monica) you'll pass the restaurants Jamaica & La Forja which are very good value.

Wine - if you want cheap then the litre cartons that the big supermarkets all do are drinkable at around 60-70 cents. In Avenida C/Perez (on your way up to the Tabac) there's a small Spar supermarket on the left & they do big bottles of cheap vino.

Have a great time!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

If you are in town there is a Tabac on the corner of Calle Pintada /Calle Cristo (Post Office street) There is also one higher up Calle Pintada. Another one is situated near the Parador, lower down than the fountain on Calle Rodriguez Acosta.I dont smoke myself but have friends who do ! :-)

Wine I do like! I find that the Supermarkets are very good on the whole. Personally,I would give the really cheap stuff a wide berth!(if you value your stomach lining!). Iranzo and Mercadona do some very nice wines at around 2/3 euros. One of my favourites is Viña Albali. I used to pay more than double for this in the UK

UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

My wine recommendation if you like rose would be Faustino V at around €4.50 it's available in most supermarkets. I always stock up and bring a few bottles home as it's around £7 at home if you can get hold of it.

Michelle

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

I have "done" almost all of the wine outlets in Nerja down through the years and feel that Iranzo has probably the best variety and is very keenly priced - even their more expensive wines are cheaper than the duty free in Malaga.

This supermarket is located on avenida de Pescia at the roundabout which takes you down to the Parador, on your way for your cigarettes!!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

I think most of us think of the airport as duty free, because it always used to be? However it's not (if we're flying within EU) & as Mayp pointed out their prices aren't always that good :(

norfolk
Level Contributor
437 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

would certainly second iranzo for wine,best prices + excellent selection over wide price range.one day whilst browsing an old guy (the owner i think) took me to a display of wine for 1.89 euros and highly recommended it,saying it was really a 5.00 euro wine.he was right it was excellent,how's that for service.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

Definitely Iranzo´s for the best selection of wines and spirits. I was in there today,some great bargains. For anyone who has not been to Nerja before,this supermarket is situated at the top of Calle Rodriguez Acosta on the corner near the roundabout connecting with the main road,Avenida de Pescia. This is to save confusion as there are other smaller Iranzo´s dotted about.

Most of the family work in it and I think that the elderly man is a senior member. He is very helpful.

And Jervis,you are going to find Nerja a nice change from Lanzarote. be warned though,the place can be addictive! :-)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

Sorry Mayp. Just noticed that you had given the situation of Iranzo in your post. Was going to edit mine but left it too late!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying Cigarettes & Wine in Nerja

Thanks a lot for all your really helpful replies.xx

Get answers to your questions about Nerja