We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

uttoxeter
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Could someone please advise me on how easy it is to catch the train from malaga airport to fuengirola and how much it is also how far is it from fuengirola beach hotel is it walking distance from the station.

Thankyou

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Regarding the transfer, check out the Airport Transfers Article here: tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g562812-c113824/Ben…

As far as distance from Station to your Hotel i would grab a cab - cost approx €8.

Hope that helps

CB

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

If you want to save some euros on that taxi fare, jump on the No 4 bus outside Fuengirola bus station that will take you within a minute or so's walk from the hotel. Flat fare is one euro.

uttoxeter
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Im due to land at malaga at half 9 in the evening so by the time i get the train to fuengirola it will be getting on for 11 will there be taxi's readily available at that time of night?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

I can't speak for Fuengi but i would have thought taxis are available 24/7 in resort areas.

CB

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Taxis at 11pm at Fuengirola train station? Yes.

uttoxeter
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Thats brilliant thankyou for all your help

somerset
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

hi all. we are going to fuengirola beach hotel on 21st march for 4 nights and are planning on catching the train to fuengirola. is it better to catch bus or get taxi to hotel- how would it compare on price and travel time? thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

The No.4 bus that would take you to your hotel from close to Fuengirola train station does not run on Sundays (certainly not March 21), so taxi it will be. Six euros should cover the fare. Journey time five minutes.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

Hi there, the last train from Malaga airport is 22.30 and it cost 1.78 - its a great service, though i think you might just miss the last train, not like here, they are always on time !!!! The taxi from the airport to Fuengirola is 30 Euro. I have never been on a bus so i don't know about these. I tend to get the train, its so easy.

somerset
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola

hi- when we catch the train to fuengirola what station do we get off at- is it actually called fuengirola or something else? (hope i don't sound daft asking this!!!!!!!)

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations