We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in Letterfrack

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
wedding in Letterfrack

Hi, We are coming over from London in April to attend a wedding at the Rosleague Manor Hotel in Letterfrack. The hotel is fully booked so my partner and myself are looking for a b&b/room nearby. As I have no knowledge of where the hotel is in relation to Letterfrack I wondered if anyone could help me find somewhere to stay for 2 nights. We would be getting a cab so I am hoping that we can stay somewhere fairly close.I have looked at various sites but I cannot assess how close the accommodation is in relation to the hotel. Thank you Shirley.

4 replies to this topic
Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: wedding in Letterfrack

The Rosleague is about ten minutes from Letterfrack village. In distance it's probably not more than five miles but the road is very slow in that stretch. There are a number of B and B's in Letterfrack but, I don't recall any hotels and just one hostel. Dooneen Lodge gets good reviews though I can't exactly place where it is. From reviews it seems to be about 5 minutes from Letterfrack but I don't know in which direction.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: wedding in Letterfrack

Letterfrack tourism please click on link for accommodations in the area.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g315873-Letterfrack_…

for transportation to the wedding venue, there are hackney services in the area, please click on link below.

goconnemara.com/directory/…

Another option is staying in Clifden, more variety in accommodations, I think about a 20 minute drive to Letterfrack, the Manor House is before Letterfrack, there is the Clifden Taxi Company, see link below.

http://www.connemaraonline.site.powa.com/product/clifdentaxi001/Clifden+taxi

the city link bus was most accommodating in dropping passengers off along the route it takes from Clifden out to Letterfrack, it also goes to Cleggan, where you can take the ferry to Inishboffin.

http://www.connemaraonline.site.powa.com/product/busucitylink01/Bus+City+Link+Bus+service

http://www.citylink.ie/timetables

I hope this info gives you a few ideas & options.

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: wedding in Letterfrack

Thank you for your replies. I have now booked Bards Den Hostal which doesn't appear to be too far from the venue and has pretty much what we want a room, en-suite and breakfast at a very reasonable cost. Looking forward to my first visit to Ireland.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: wedding in Letterfrack

The Bard's Den also does very nice meals if you don't have anything planned with the wedding party.

Reply to: wedding in Letterfrack
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Letterfrack
Recent Conversations