We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triatholon Iron fork

2 posts
Triatholon Iron fork

Where to stay and do we need transportation from our hotel , which hotel is closer

5 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Triatholon Iron fork

Where, exactly, is the triathlon being held, and when? I don't know of an "Iron Fork" triathlon in Tempe. There is an "ignite the Fork" triathlon, is that what you're referring to? Please clarify.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,799 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Triatholon Iron fork

Same as above for me.

Surely the event organizers have preferred hotels and shuttles?

2 posts
3. Re: Triatholon Iron fork

Sorry, yes its the Ignite the Fork. My daughters team is staying at the Sleep Inn and we are also staying there so Im trying to figure out if I would have to also rent a car when we fly in or if there is transportation to and from. Thank You

Arizona
Level Contributor
769 posts
1 review
4. Re: Triatholon Iron fork

Hmm, well this is a tough one. This might be the first time I recommend a rental car in Tempe...

It is somewhere around a 3.5 mile walk from the Sleep Inn to the triathlon transition/start/finish area. Weather in November in Phoenix is usually spectacular so if you want to get some walking in it would be a great time for that. Unfortunately the walking routes you could take between your two points are, while safe, pretty lame.

Using public transportation between your two points would be a bit problematic (i.e, multiple transfers or still needing to walk most of it).

Also, if you plan on doing anything else in Phoenix while you are in town, having the rental car will be a time-saver. If you are only in town for the race you could always just use Uber/Lyft. It will be pretty cheap.

Edited: 26 October 2017, 19:53
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,799 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Triatholon Iron fork

^ All that.

Reply to: Triatholon Iron fork
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tempe
More Tempe Topics