We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

Exton, Pennsylvania
10 posts
Save Topic
hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

Is anyone familiar with the Embassy Suites Tempe/Phoenix or the DoubleTree Tempe? I am having a hard time choosing between the two. They both have a very mixed bag of reviews. We are Hilton Diamond members, therefore breakfast is free at both locations for us. We are going to the Waste Management Open on 2/1, which I realize is a bit of a hike, however we are visiting ASU and someone in Tempe the rest of of the time...4 nights total. Thanks for your input!

4 replies to this topic
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

Either are okay if they are you're only options. The Embassy Suites is closer to the freeway.

I'm a Marriot guy so I'd recommend the Courtyard or Residence Inn in downtown Tempe, myself. Way better locations for walking to bars, restaurants, shopping, etc. Those Hilton properties will require you to drive for anything.

Exton, Pennsylvania
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

Neither of them are close to restaurants or shopping?? I was looking for a Hilton property because we are using points.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

That Embassy Suites has a crappy restaurant on site, but neither have anything worth going to within walking distance.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe

There are two new Hilton properties near Tempe Marketplace that you might want to check out. Homewood Suites and Hilton GardenInn - both are on Rio Salado Pkwy very close to ASU and easy access to Loop 101 to head north to Scottsdale.

Reply to: hotels in Tempe area- Embassy tempe/PHX or Doubletree Tempe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tempe
More Tempe Topics