We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sierra Vista

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sierra Vista

What is best time of year to visit family in Sierra Vista, as far as weather goes?

5 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sierra Vista

Weather wise June, July and August are the hottest, but since it is at a higher elevation, it's considerably cooler than here in Phoenx area, with highs typically in the 90's, which is not bad for an AZ summer! Spring and Fall are best times to visit for most moderate temps, winter temps typically in 60s with some dips on the 50s. There is some humidity in summer months, which can make those 90s temp a bit uncomfortable, but nothing like the humidity in SE where you are.

The Black Hills...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sierra Vista

We were there last October visiting friends and the weather was great. Spent a lot of time on the patio as well as exploring Tombstone.

Level Contributor
392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sierra Vista

We've been there a couple of different times at the end of March and it was mostly sunny but a bit cool mornings/evenings. Great weather for hiking if that's what you enjoy.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sierra Vista

My question is if I am driving to Sierra Vista fro Phoenix, will I experience a lot of mountainous driving?? I m looking for cooler weather but am a Fraidy cat when it comes to driving mountains. ?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sierra Vista

There is no mountainous driving on the route.

Reply to: Sierra Vista
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sierra Vista
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now