We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

Hello! We will be travelling in southern AZ in March and want to see Karchner Caverns and do the mine tour in Bisbee. We'll be driving in from Yuma, plan to do the cave tour late in our travel day, and then the next day do the mine tour in Bisbee. I'm trying to find accomodations and we want to stay somewhere nice/clean/safe, but have a 3 year old with us and I'm not sure the historic / antique hotels in Bisbee fit the bill. Any suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
446 posts
1. Re: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

We stayed at The Shady Dell on out last trip to Bisbee. They have several vintage restored trailers and a yacht.

http://theshadydell.com/

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

There are some nice "regular" hotels in Tombstone which is about 30 minutes away. Check them out here in TA. The Copper Queen in Bisbee should also meet your needs. It's old but very up to date.

Edited: 09 January 2017, 22:46
Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
48 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

We are here in Bisbee now and found a great Airbnb house, casa design Conklin. If it's available when you're here, look into it. Two bedrooms, air mattress, couches. We have a ten- yr old with us and it's perfect.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,622 posts
86 reviews
4. Re: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

As the OP, came in on the Sierra Vista forum ... That first day will be a long one ... I suggest, conventional lodging with a 24 hr. reception ... in, SV. Happy trails ... carracar

Iowa
Level Contributor
44 posts
273 reviews
5. Re: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip

Karchner is a little less than an hour drive from Bisbee and Sierra Vista is conveniently about half way. I agree with carracar that finding a "regular" motel in SV sounds like it would fit your family's needs best.

Reply to: Karchner Caverns / Bisbee AZ Family Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sierra Vista