We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

My husband and I will be in Sedona this coming weekend and I was wondering if anyone had restaurant advice? We plan on visiting Jerome on Saturday and hiking and doing a jeep tour Sunday/Monday. I'm a vegeterian but he is a meat eater:) We visited Sedona a few years ago and ate at the Enchantment resort and enjoyed that but we don't need anything overly fancy pants. We love breakfast too, all meal suggestions appreciated! I hope reservations are not required everywhere lol I'm a little late on my planning!

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Enchantment Resort
Enchantment Resort
2,895 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Indian Gardens Cafe & Market
€€ - €€€, American, Cafe, Deli
Red Rock Cafe
€€ - €€€, Mexican, American, Southwestern
Elote Cafe
€€ - €€€, Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Hatboro...
Level Contributor
276 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

For breakfast you can't beat Indian Gardens about 3 miles up Oak Creek Canyon from Uptown. You can get good vegetarian there (the Kale bowl for breakfast is my wife's favorite - without the bacon for you, with for your husband!).

On your way back from Jerome (not a huge fan of the restaurants up there anyway) you will pass through Cottonwood and should eat at Bocce. Their "Not A Meat Pizza" is our all time favorite pizza we have had anywhere. Your husband can start the meal there with their "Bocce Ball" meatballs. It is one of our favorite places. Ask for Zach as your waiter.

Really just about any restaurant in Sedona will do vegetarian, gluten free, or just about any special diet. These are just two of our top choices.

Mentioned in this post
Oak Creek Canyon
Oak Creek Canyon
2,962 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
2. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2016, 04:35
Edited: 07 November 2016, 04:35
Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

We went to Rene's in Tlaguepaque Center. The food was very good. It is a little fussy but the staff is terrific. My wife is on several diet restrictions but I am a meat eater. The wait staff tailored everything to our requirements. They even came up with a terrific non-dairy dessert for my wife that was not on the menu.

We ate at Hudsons and were very disappointed.

We also ate at Cress at L'Auberge. It was uneven in service and quality. I paid extra for Wagyu filet and fifty percent was connective tissue. Great soup and salad. Ok dessert.

Don't even walk inside Nick's.

Ate at a Chinese American restaurant near Whole Foods. The wait staff made our food special orde and were very accommodating. But sadly the food was only a bit better than mall quality. Can't remember name.

This info dates to October 2016.

Edited: 07 November 2016, 02:38
Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Sorry about double post

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Thank you for the advice! I can't wait check out some of the suggestions:)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Had great dinners at Creekside and Elote.

Loved happy hour at Barking Frog Grille.

Hideaway was OK.

Excellent lunches at Grapes in Jerome and Village Expresso in Oak Creek.

Mentioned in this post
Creekside Inn at Sedona
Creekside Inn at Sedona
518 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Elote Cafe
Elote Cafe
4,519 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Are you planning to tour the Douglas Mansion / Jerome State Historic Park?

I reviewed them on August 18.

Mentioned in this post
Douglas Mansion
Douglas Mansion
190 Reviews
Jerome, AZ
Jerome State Historic Park
Jerome State Historic...
472 Reviews
Jerome, AZ
Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Elote for gourmet Mexican w/ vegetarian options, Indian Gardens and Coffee Pot for breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
Elote Cafe
Elote Cafe
4,519 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Coffee Pot Restaurant
Coffee Pot Restaurant
2,707 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

Most restaurants have vegetarian options here. Schoolhouse has changed names to Serenitie. Although it has not been open long under this name, I think it should work well, as they have the same chef.

10. Re: Quick weekend trip, requesting restaurant advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2017, 05:17