We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

purchase firewood

Sedona, Az
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
purchase firewood

We'll be spending six weeks in Sedona during the cooler months, and our residence has three woodburning fireplaces. I'd like to use them for ambiance, and because, like most men, I'm a "pyro". Is there anywhere near Sedona/Cottonwood/et.al. where I can order a pick-up load, or go and buy a rental car trunk load? I'd rather not go to Bashas and buy those five dollar bundles of firewood every three days. thanks for your input

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: purchase firewood

Check the Flagstaff craigslist (also covers Sedona/Verde Valley) in "General" for sale. I've seen ads for firewood there. Also, there is often a truck full of firewood parked on an empty lot on Jacks Canyon Rd just one block from Hwy. 179 in the Village of Oak Creek. I think there is a phone number on the truck if no one is there.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy less than 1/2 cord though.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,366 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: purchase firewood

You can buy large bundles at local convenience stores. When are you coming? A half truck load would be enough to 2 winters.

3. Re: purchase firewood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:15