We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

We're trying to decide which restaurant to go to while staying in Sedona. We'll be there for three nights and only want one night of upscale dining and I'm having a hard time deciding between Fournos and Dal and Di'Luca.

Fournos seems like a good choice for something that has more of a local flair whereas Dal and Di'Luca is more Italian. Is that correct?

We're going to celebrate my birthday so the price is not a problem for that night.

Thanks for your help!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,130 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

There is no wrong answer here.

Fournos is much smaller and will offer fewer choices on the menu, but reviews are all strong. If anything though, it might seem crowded. It's a tougher reservation to book, simply because of the size. Dahl & Diluca is a long standing Sedona favorite for fine Italian dining. Romance and intimacy abound in spite of the fact that it is larger than Fournos.

I wouldn't consider either of them to have a more local flair. IMO the definitive places to dine in Sedona for 'local flare' or what I call Sedona spirit, would be Cowboy Club (Silver Saddle Room for upscale, more intimate charm) and Elote Cafe for unique southwestern style food in a casual and less intimate style.

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

I'm not looking for romance as I'll be with my parents, but I am looking for excellent food.

Thanks so much for your help! Sounds like there are a lot of delicious choices.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

Have you considered Shurgrue's? It is elegant, fine dinging with spectacular views. Service is terrific. They have been in business for over 20 years. The black vests and white shirts always remind me of San Francisco strangely. They have an atmosphere of "local" but "International" like a big city but not quite. I love the seared tuna.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,130 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

MTB offers another good option. She also helps to prove my point that there are literally dozens of places in and around Sedona where you can go to enjoy an excellent dinner. Of course opinions will always vary as to who is the very best. But I think we can all agree that it will be hard for you to make a bad choice.

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

Thanks so much! :-)

greeneyes67
Level Contributor
54 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

I say Fournos... While not local flair, definitely more than just Italian. Chef has specials nightly and the food is incredible! Dahl & Diluca is nice, but really is Italian.

Happy Birthday!

7. Re: Fournos or Dal and Di'Luca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 05:33