We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Training 2014

chicago
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spring Training 2014

When are the dates released for spring training? We are hoping to see the Cubs over our spring break but our break begins the week of March 30. I would consider pulling my kids out early and heading to Phoenix on March 27. Thoughts?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spring Training 2014

Go to http://www.springtrainingonline.com/ and check the schedules. Most teams release their schedules in mid-November.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Spring Training 2014

Some are released already. Dodgers, AZ, TX for example

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
883 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spring Training 2014

> Some are released already. Dodgers, AZ, TX for example

Dodgers yes, but the Diamondbacks and Rangers have not announced yet. You can construct a few of the dates by looking at the schedules for some teams like Oakland, Dodgers, White Sox who have announced.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
883 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spring Training 2014

The Diamondbacks spring training schedule was announced today. The Cubs website has their schedule as well. The last 3 games for the Cubs are 12:05 3/27 White Sox (at the new stadium in Mesa), 6:40 3/28 Diamondbacks at Chase Field, and 12:40 3/29 Diamondbacks at Chase Field.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spring Training 2014

All teams report this week. Like JV said most teams wrap it up around the 25th. As they will play the final games at home vs another MLB team or there AAA affiliate.

We are heading out march 16th for 4 days of ranger/royal ST.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 00:02
Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Spring Training 2014

Will be there Mar 8-16. Cant wait. Its soo much fun

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Spring Training 2014

Yeah JV, this will be our first trip, have you been to the ranger facility in Surprise ?? How much can you interact with the players. Any good bars to grab some B&B in the Surprise area. Thanks

Edited: 11 February 2014, 05:38
Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Spring Training 2014

I don't know about B&B's but yes I've been to all the parks. Surprise is really nice as well. Its one of the less busy, easy access fields in my experience. If you want up close and personal, it, AZ/CO and Cleveland/Reds are the best for interaction.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Spring Training 2014

When you are checking out the Rangers try to see Russell Wilson, QB of the Seahawks, also.

He will be trying out with the team.

Dr. Z

In AZ now and again in 3 weeks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Spring Training 2014

I'm gonna be going to a few Cleveland games and was wondering how much you get to interact? Like are the players hanging out with the fans? I bet Swisher is!!