We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in 2012

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ACT
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding in 2012

Hi everyone.

I am needing some help on bands in Samoa. We are having our wedding at Aggie Greys Resort in March and have everything completed apart from entertainment. The resort have given us a few options but my husband to be (who is Samoan) doesnt want a purely Samoan playing band. He wants a mixture of RnB, Reggae AND samoan music.

Can anyone help???!

Sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in 2012

Has your husband tried to contact the RSA band or the Evaeva or Kokonut Bands? the last two are located in Savaii but they play R&B/top 40 and samoan songs The RSA band is located in Apia and also have a varied song list but they are very popular. We used a band that we had heard at the Millenia Hotel and they sounded fantastic at the hotel but were really disappointing on theday they sounded more like a $2 jazz band youwould hear on a bad loveboat cruise by the end of the first set I wished we had gone with a dj instead.

ACT
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in 2012

No we havent tried to contact them.. funnily enough he actually mention Kokonut Bands today! So thank you for your fast response!!!!!

Apia
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in 2012

Ben Vai is great and apart from playing solo, will team up with others if that is better suited to the event (such as a wedding). The Silver Bullet Band are a young family and do a nice range of music.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in 2012

I love Ben Vai! Have spent many happy nights at Zodiac hearing him play. Oh those were the days ... or should I say, nights! lol! Miss those good times.

5. Re: Wedding in 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 07:35
6. Re: Wedding in 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations