We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Hello,

I would like to get a bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama in September. I find conflicting information on wesbites, with some places saying only gemini and pullman do this route and not on Fridays and others saying andesmar also does this route, including on Fridays.

Does anyone know what the current situation is, and is it often subject to change? Also, is there a way to book reliably in advance? I don't like the idea of arriving to find we cant get the bus the day we hoped as this will affect everything else we book.

Thank you!

England
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
1. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Hi, Super_P_Scotl,

We bought our round trip from Atacama to Salta via Andesmar website last December. They were fine and reliable. You will receive e-bus ticket including your specific seat number after you've made the payment on-line.

www.andesmar.com/shop/default.asp?lang=en

However, you can only book the seat 30 days in advance before your departure date. Having said that, you can book the seats on your arrival in Salta, But we booked it in advance as we wanted to get front row seats and didn't want to miss our journey if the bus was full.

You can do a search about this bus service in this forum.

When we filled the on-line booking, we didn't find the 'United Kingdom' nationality on the Nationality dropdown list. We put the wrong nationality instead. However, it was fine as the bus driver didn't care about the nationality shown on the e-ticket. Eventually, we figured out that they used spanish 'Reino Unido' for United Kingdom.

Hope it helps.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Tuesdayadn Thursday GEMINIS at 7 am. But also can be taken from Purmamarca if you want. Very reliable and inexpensive!!!

Angie/Giena

Salta, Salta...
3 posts
3. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Empresa de transportes de pasajeros con viajes hacia las ciudades de San Pedro de Atacama , Calama , Arica.-

Oficina en Salta: Terminal de Omnibus - Salta - Boleteria nº 16.

Telefono: +54-387-4317778

Correo: geminissalta@chile.arnetbiz.com.ar

twitter: @busesgeminis

Salidas desde Salta hacia San Pedro de Atacama : Lunes -Jueves - Sábado a las 07:00 hs.

Desde SS de Jujuy a 08:30 hs.

Desde Purmamarca a 09:15 hs.-

Departures from Salta City to San Pedro de Atacama: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 07:00 hs.-

From S.Sde Jujuy at 08:30 hs.-

From Purmamarca at 09:15 hs.-

Regresos desde San Pedro de Atacama hacia Salta: Martes , Viernes y Domingos a 10:00 hs.-

Returns from San Pedro de Atacama to Salta City : Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 10:00 hs.-

Salidas hacia Calama: Lunes, Jueves y Sábado a 07:00 hs.-

Regresos desde Calama : Martes, Viernes y Domingos a 09:00hs.-

Departures from Salta City to Calama City: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 07:00 hs.-

Returns from Calama City to Salta City: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 09:00 hs.-

Salidas hacia Arica : Lunes, Jueves y Sábados a 07:00 hs.-

Regresos desde Arica: Lunes, Jueves y Sabados a 21:30 hs.-

Departures from Salta City to Arica City: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 07:00 hs.-

Returns from Arica City to Salta City: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 21:30 hs.-

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

I'm in the exact same situation and unable to find what I'm looking for, even with what was posted here. I need to go back to Salta on a Saturday and nobody seems to ofer that. Does anyone know a company that returns on Saturday or provides private transportation?

Evans Head...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Can anyone help me with best way to book Andesmar, Pullman or Geminis bus from SPA to Salta.We really want to travel on Sat 9 March.Do Geminis or Pullman or Andesmar,or any other reputable company operate this service on a Saturday? Are Pullman and SAndesmar the same bus and company .It seems that any company that doing this trip travel on dame days and Saturday isnt looking good??

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Salta - SPA, Tuesday- Thursday and Sunday 7 a.m.

SPA Tuesday Friday and Sunday at 10 a.m.

Geminis....

Warm regards,

Angie/Giena

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Not on Saturday in March. This is only a foreign backpacker's route, so you

have to be flexible.

Andesmar only runs the route Mon Wed & Fri. You can book those now online: ticketonline.com.ar/TOLWeb/pages/main.seam…

Pullman (a different bus company) does not do the run in March: www.ventapasajes.cl/fullpass/…

You cannot book Geminis online. They also do not have a schedule online

Edited: 08 February 2013, 12:42
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

http://www.ticketonline.com.ar/

Brussels, Belgium
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Hi everyone,

I will travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Salta on March 21, 2013. Anyone knows when buses leave in that day morning? and how much does a bus ticket cost? From above messages, Geminis seems a good one in fair price and riding comfort. How can I book a ticket from it? If I cannot book online, where the ticket office in Atacama is? Is it risky to buy it upon arrival?

I am also having problems in finding buses from Salta to Mendoza on around March 24, and from Mendoza to Bariloche on March 27. Can somebody help me out? I've checked prices of Andesmar, which are really pricey. Any options?

Many thanks in advance!

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Bus from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama

Probably buying from Gemini on arrival in Salta would be fine, as people cannot buy online from them. There office is at counter 16 at the bus termninal in Salta. For info as to cost or confirming time, you could phone (probably no English and do not expect a return email).

Telefono: +54-387-4317778

Correo: geminissalta@chile.arnetbiz.com.ar

twitter: @busesgeminis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prices for Argentina are similar for the different bus lines. Only Andesmar does Mendoza-Bariloche without connections. Check here for some bus lines:

plataforma10.com/Servicios#buscar/…1

Also, Flechabus not listed on plataforma10 for that route, can be seen on

company webpage:

…sittnet.net/ar/3000/Resultados.aspx…

These can be booked and bought online.