We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent-a-car in Salta

italia
Level Contributor
203 posts
100 reviews
Rent-a-car in Salta

Hi everybody,

I'm going to rent a car in Salta next August, for 10 days.

I wrote to all the rent a car I found on the web, and everyone was very quick and professional in replying. So, I don't know which one I have to choose.

Any suggestion? Can you recommend a rent-a-car you personnally tried, or do you have a bad one to NOT recommend?

Thank you in advance (sorry for my bad English)

60 replies to this topic
2 posts
51. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Para nuestro recorrido por Salta reservamos un vehiculo 4x4 en la pagina de Localiza, luego de 10 dias nos informan que no tienen disponibilidad en esa categoria, y ni siquiera un disculpas ni nada, perdimos tiempo y la posibilidad de alquilar un auto en otra empresa, ya que tardaron tanto que las otras empresas tampoco tenian disponibilidad (las otras empresas nos informaron en seguida). Una estafa, en internet ofrecian 4 vehiculos de esa categoria y en el mismo momento por mail me decian que no tenian ninguno, unos sinvergüenzas.

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
2 reviews
52. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We were in Salta in March 2018. We were cheated in O'Carrol (we booked a Toyota Hilux 4x4 and they tried to gave us a non-4x4 Car, for the same price). Finally we ended in Activa Rent a car, they were the best! we could rent a 4x4 with them, the Cars were amazing good, comfortable and new. They have good prices, the people are really kind, profesional, we were really satisfied. We'll go directly to them next time in Salta!!!

Sunchales, Santa...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
53. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Don´t worry, www.rentarlowcost.com is the best!!!

I D
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
54. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We were in Salta in February 2018. We rented a pick-up car at Turismo Marina Semisa, Caseros 489. We definitely recommend this company. The car was new and in perfect condition. Fernando is easy going and replies very quickly.

Edited: 29 April 2018, 11:04
edinburgh
Level Contributor
223 posts
443 reviews
55. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

do you have an email for Fernando? thanks

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
56. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Recently rented a car with LEAD rent a car and had a great experience. We were met at Salta airport and were on the road within 15 mins of collecting our bags. The car was a small Renault which we drove to Cafayate and Cachi without any problems at all. The car was clean and drove well. On return to Salta, LEAD came to our hostel and collected the car without any issue. I would highly recommend LEAD rent a car for any travellers to Salta.

Province of Milan...
Level Contributor
20 posts
57. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Hi, we will arrive in Salta on Sunday the 5th of August and need to rent a car the following day Monday the 6th, coming back on Sunday the 12th of August.

Do you think we need to book in advance (on line or by email) or we can just show up on Monday the 6th in the morning? I assume rental offices will be closed on Sundays. I also assume it will take quite a while to arrange a car on Monday morning, and that day we need to leave for Cachi.

Thanks for any suggestion!

Sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
58. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

The number of 1 forum posters on this thread is ridiculous and highly suspicious. I'm looking to rent a car in Salta this week and will stick to looking at the international rental agencies to hopefully avoid these kinds of shenanigans.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
223 posts
443 reviews
59. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We booked Hertz to be on the safe side and with cash back from quidco very reasonable.

Prague
Level Contributor
288 posts
181 reviews
60. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We have rented with Alamo in Salta airport and now I have the mixed feelings about it. Our car was fine, both airport and city offices offered perfect english speaking service and quite helpful and we obviously had a beautiful trip, but 8 days after we returned the car our deposit (quite hefty...) is still hold on my credit car even if they assured me it had been released in a minute we returned the car.

Reply to: Rent-a-car in Salta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted