We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a car in salta

POLAND
7 posts
rent a car in salta

I am coming to salta in july and we would like to rent a car to explore the area. could you help and recommend a cheap company for car rental? is it possible to find flights schedules from buenos aires to salta ?

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: rent a car in salta

Hi Gatto22, Be careful about the cheap rentasl, better take ALAMO or Hertz which are known, the others always have a surprise at the end.

hwen you rent ask about the insurance and the coverage. Do notleave the car outside in Salta town, get a hotel with a parking place, do not leave anything in the car which could tempt anybody and make sure you have agood spare tyre if you are going to drive in the unpaved road.

Giena

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: rent a car in salta

I rented from Hertz and had a great experience with them. I checked with my insurance and VISA company before hand to make sure I had proper insurance coverage before I rented.

We drove around the area for 9 days and loved the experience! There is beautiful scenery all over the area.

Enjoy!

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: rent a car in salta

You will really!!!!!

The whole ares is wonderful!!!!

You will love to stay longer

Giena

san lorenzo
9 posts
4. Re: rent a car in salta

Hi gatto22,

Also Dollar is recommendable our guests give good comments about them... www.dollar.com

Enjoy

Alex y Rijkje

San Lorenzo (Salta)

san lorenzo
9 posts
5. Re: rent a car in salta

....Airlines

www.aerolineas.com.ar

www.lan.com

www.andesonline.com

Enjoy

Alex y Rijkje

San Lorenzo (Salta)

netherlands
Level Contributor
672 posts
6. Re: rent a car in salta

We rented our car from Europcar, no problems and rather cheap (through our hotel in Salta). Free pick up to/from our hotel (even on a Sunday).

ps: hoi Alex en Rijkje, hoe gaat ie ... ??

7. Re: rent a car in salta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 July 2009, 21:16
POLAND
7 posts
8. Re: rent a car in salta

Well thank you very much for advice,but Hertz and so ones are very expensive . Last year in Punta Arenas I rented a car from a local agency and it was cheaper and better. I would like to explore remote areas nad those not overcrowded with tourists,too. Especially those ''white'' roads on the map . Do you think it is possible ?We have 21 days in Argentina so how many of them should we spend in the North. I think about Iquazu, perhaps El chalten and The capital city/4 days/

netherlands
Level Contributor
672 posts
9. Re: rent a car in salta

Be aware if you want to drive the "white roads" on the map, you really need a 4 WD, which will be more expensive. We did the following itinerary with a normal car (VW Gol), which is mostly one of the cheapest to rent:

Salta > Cachi: no problems

Cachi > Cafayate: 'ruta 40' is like a kind of Dakar rally, but doable

Cafayate > Salta: paved road

Salta, Purmamarca, Salinas Grandes, Humahuaca are all paved.

Salta, Argentina
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: rent a car in salta

OSTROZNIE!Specially if you want to explore “the white roads” would be better to hire a car in one of the well know rentcar in Salta, like Dollar, Budget, Avis, Alamo, the reason is if you are in an isolated place or at 4000 mts above sea level and your car have a mechanical problem help will be arriving sooner and more important "it will"! A normal car will be ok. Alwayas ask for a proper insurance.

I spend a time in the lovely Krakow, any help you need please send me a message.

Do widzenia!

David