We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Language School in BA

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Language School in BA

I wanted to request updated recomendations for a Spanish Language school in Buenos Aires. I am travelling wtih my husband while he is in BA on business in October, and I want to take 4 hours of private lessons a day for one week. We are staying downtown near the congress but I'm happy to travel throughout the city for something great.

I have read the older posts on this site, but things can change quickly as a school changes administration or gets too big for its infrastructure. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Language School in BA

While in Buenos Aires I took spanish lessons through Lorena with Lovely Baires (www.lovelybaires.com). She was very flexible with the hours and content of the classes. This might be an option if you can't find a school for only a week or want some extra hours. I also went on one of the walking tours they offer where again they were flexible with regard to my schedule and interests. They also offer online classes which might be useful if you want to brush up your spanish a bit before you arrive...Enjoy Argentina, it is fun....

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Language School in BA

Has anyone worked with Ibero near the congreso? I've been corresponding with them and they seem responsive and professional. They aren't listed on the main language school clearing site 123 teachme.com. Just thought I'd check here for someone with a personal experience Thanks.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Language School in BA

A must see school that caters to all student requests is Vamospanish.com located in a beautiful building in Palermo, really close to Congreso. When you two get to Buenos Aires, it's good to see all schools for comparison. At Vamospanish you should get a good feel for the school, the professors and all of the amenities. I run their city bike tours, which is just one of their many extra amenities available for fully becoming immersed in the culture that is Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
795 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Language School in BA

A language school near Congreso (actually, it is located four blocks south of the Congress building) is JOIN US!

My kid studies English there and they also teach Spanish as a second language. I understand they offer regular courses and also private lessons.

You may contact them through their web site.

Austin, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Language School in BA

There has to be over 20 schools in Buenos Aires. I did a lot of research while backpacking around South America and went with www.spanishabroad.com They work with smaller schools all over. I studied with them at ILEE which is in Puerto Madero near Centro. All of their instructors had at least a Master's Degree and they charged me the same prices as the school did. It was the best school I studied at out of 5 different sites.

6. Re: Language School in BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:11