We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

burgau in February? ?

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
72 reviews
burgau in February? ?

Hi there been to albufeira in Feb 2 years ago not bothered about scorching weather !!! Just nice scenery and views will there be anything open as found a deal in quinta do mar luz hotel we will hire a car

5 replies to this topic
Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
1. Re: burgau in February? ?

I can understand there are deals in February. The place will be empty and much is closed.

The only people who will visit Burgau all year around are coming from the United States since it's mentioned in their travel books.

Dorset
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: burgau in February? ?

If I'm right, Quinta do Mar is neither in Burgau or Luz but on the road between the two and a car would be essential as there is nothing nearby. Also February not the ideal time to visit the Western Algarve as hardly anthing will be open. Most restaurants close after Xmas until March plus the weather can be unreliable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
126 reviews
3. Re: burgau in February? ?

As the above person said the accommodation is between Burgau and Luz so not actually in either. But on the road between the two. If you look on the Praia da Luz forum you might get more idea of what would be open there at that time of year.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: burgau in February? ?

i have been sometimes in february In lagos. I visited each time Burgau and walk from Burgau to Praia da luz (cliffs walk).Burgau will be empty but there is always something open in Burgau,some supermarkts restaurants and cafe's.

Praia da luz is more open and has more people.If the weather is good will be people on the beach ,swimming.The scenery and the beaches are nice between burgau and Luz and also around Lagos

In february can rain some days and be cold about 14 degrees.But if the sun come through it can be warm during the day and you can walk in a T-shirt.

The problem of Algarve is that is empty, the tourists choose to go to the canary's,about 4 degrees more and warmer nights.

Bacup, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
87 reviews
5. Re: burgau in February? ?

We went to burgau 2 years ago In February for a week. We were lucky and had some lovely weather. We sat out in shorts most days on our balcony sipping wine. Good luck

Reply to: burgau in February? ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burgau
More Burgau Topics