We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1,271 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

Goa Tourism launches helicopter joy rides with effect from Monday the 15th of February. It is run by Goa Tourism and Pawan Hans Ltd. 

The first heli joy rides took place on Sunday 14th February, St Valentine's Day.

The cost of the tickets is RS3,500 per person (approximately £35) for a 10 minute ride. It commences at Park Hyatt Hotel then proceeds along the coast, past Arossim, Utorda, Majorda, Gonsua, Sunset beaches towards Colva and beyond.

We have not been on one of the flights, which would be a great experience but it's  certainly not a great experience for the people using the beaches below. Having experienced the flights going past on the 14th Feb, they were noisy, disruptive and unpleasant. It was relentless, flights were up and down constantly. Cannot envisage that it is peaceful and quiet for the guests at the Park Hyatt Hotel. We would be demanding to be moved to a different hotel had we been spending our well earned holiday in a hotel with that racket going on

The residents of the local villages are most unhappy about this, I am sure other tourists in the flight path will not be too pleased, positive that this will have an adverse affect on beach life and tourism. Can envisage health and safety issues with these low flying craft and the parachutes used in the water sports along this stretch of beaches.

The daily flights will take place between the hours of 12.00 and 16.30. Tickets are available from Goa Tourism Central Reservation Office www.goa-tourism.com or telephone 91 832 2438831. Tickets also available at the venue

It was reported in The Herald that a Tourism Minister did not consider this a noise pollution issue, not sure from where this decision was made, it certainly was not on the stretch of beach involved.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Utorda
Utorda
South Goa District, India
Colva
Colva
South Goa District, India
56 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

I do not understand your post, why are advertising the trip when you saying how awful it is for people on the beach, the hotel, local residents, tourists and beach life?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

First you promote the rides, tell people where they can get a ticket and then go on about how it is going to disrupt peoples solitude on the beach. I suppose we should ban jet ski's, which are just as noisy.We learned in Florida that you actually don't notice them after a while.

Also I am sure that a minimum altitude rule will be in effect, which will be way above the parasail's.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

Exactly what I was thinking dragonfli, is this advertising hidden within a complaint?

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

http://bambuser.com/v/6079011

a lot lower than parasailers chutes

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
591 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

I don't think that's one of the tourist choppers......

north wales
Level Contributor
171 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

We are going next year and we are going to watch this forum carefully.we have had experience of helicopter rides .....and thankfully the local council stopped the rides.......the noise and sand blowing every where was pretty awful.......

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

I didn't see any parasail

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

It's an Allouette flown by the Goan military.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

The tourist choppers are large yellow things that make a thunderous noise and have been flying low over the beaches.

if there is a bird strike it isn't even imaginable how dangerous it would be.

It would kill loads.

if they want to do these trips they should take them inland over the country side.

Actually the last 8 days or so i have only seen the military choppers a mile out at sea.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1,271 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim

Would like to make it crystal clear, that as the author of the initial posting, in no way was it intended to appear as an advertisement disguised as a complaint.

I was trying to be even handed by letting readers know that this attraction exists while also mentioning the downside,  which far outweighs any benefits.

Sorry if it did not come across as intended. Also in no way would I advocate getting rid of jet skis, parachutes or water sports on the beach.

Hopefully others who experienced this disruption will come forward and voice their concerns and annoyance with these flights 

And to update, there were flights yesterday, Thursday 3rd March

Reply to: Helicopter rides at Arossim Beach - Cansaulim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cansaulim
Recent Conversations