We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time!

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
first time!

first time in south goa! any hint and tips to a great stay? staying at the heritage village. trips? bars? restaurants? thanks.

3 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: first time!

Welcome to the forum, it's a quiet area and when I was last there several years back there was only one beach shack but the food was wonderful. You have a lot of choice if you take a Taxi, you can go to Utorda where there's a great restaurant called Zeebops if you fancy a change from hotel food, also Majorda were there are several places to have a drink or meal, Betalbatim were there's Fishka were you can have a drink and a meal if you want, it's our favourite place to go, also just down the road is the famous Martins Corner,you can check out all these places on the Restaurant reviews, Colva which has lots of bars restaurants and shops, then if you want to see a Town you can go to Margao which is just mad. Very busy but IMHO it's well worth the visit.if you want to go further a field you can always take a taxi to the North, if the traffic is good it can take about 1 hour.I hope you have a wonderful time. :-)) Gel

Edited: 20 September 2015, 17:12
Halifax UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: first time!

Hi LondonGel, having visited Cavellosim twice in 2014 & 15 I was considering somewhere a bit different but if I am reading your post correctly is the area around Heritage Village considerably quieter? We love it at Cavellosim and have stayed twice at the HI as it is on the beach and we prefer that end to the main beach. Fallen out with Thomas Cook though and so would have to book flights/accommodation separately if we wanted to go back there. I know I am looking for a needle in a haystack but somewhere similar would be ideal, we used to taxi into the village every night but in the day had the peace and quite of HI. Any thoughts or help appreciated, I have seen you post on the Cavellosim forum before. Thanks in advance.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: first time!

Yorkshirepuddingsok I've answered your PM. :-)) Gel

Reply to: first time!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cansaulim
Recent Conversations