We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
132 posts
418 reviews
Save Topic
Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

I know this may be tricky to assist with (if one hasnt stayed in both, bit thought best to give it a go!)...so was wondering if anyone knew which option from the two would be better? I am looking at the 'Misty Waves' or 'Whale Away Guesthouse'. Basically was wondering in terms of location, sea view bedrooms, parking facilities, room & bathroom quality. Both have quite positive reviews and as I am travelling from the UK & dont know the area want to make as good a decision as I can, as I am one for luxury and even though it may just be one night in Hermanus want to feel spoilt with a good choice of accommodation! Thanks in advance!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

Hi there

I like the Misty Waves a lot, because they are very close to the restaurants and everything is within walking distance from the Village Centre. The views from the balcony is fantastic and just across the road is a walk path that you can view the whales too. Most of the rooms have sea views and some have spa baths. They have a pool & garden area and also a private jacuzzi room. You can even enjoy private dinners too with a view off the sea.

Hank - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
132 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

Thanks Hank. Ok Great I have decided to go with the Misty Waves. Must say the rooms & baths look gorgeous from the pics online!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

I have been to the Misty Waves before, and the pictures that you see on the website is what you will get on arrival at the hotel. Enjoy your stay in Hermanus.

Regards

Hank - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

Lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

Hi

we stayed at misty waves a couple of years ago and could not fault it so last September when we returned for another visit we tried to get in there but it was fully booked so they reccomended Harmanus Guesthouse ( next door but one ) this was equally as nice as Misty Waves ( see my comment Sept 2010 ) the view was amazing and the owners were very plesant . We would reccomend both sorry cannot comment on Whale away. Enjoy your time harmanus we are going in November cannot wait just hope the whales are still there its our 6th time in 4 years

johannesburg
Level Contributor
27 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

I just love Hermanus Guesthouse. Close to town, lovely rooms and bathrooms - all with there own theme and character, very good breakfast, managers attend to detail. Special linen and towels. The price is also good! Promenade right in front of the guesthouse with secure parking. Did whale whatching from our bedroom!

Will go there again!

6. Re: Deciding on accomm in Hermanus...Misty Waves or Whale Away..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 06:18