We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caves, beach and Tsisikamma

SF, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Anyone know of a good place to stay near george? Or do I need two different hotels. I want to go to Cango caves in OUtdshoorn. I also want to see the beach. If I am going to Drakenberg mountains do I need to see Tsitsikamma Forest ?

6 replies to this topic
Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Rather stay overnight in Oudshoorn. There is a lot more to do than just the Cango Caves. Things like riding an Ostrich, visit the meerkat sanctuary and if very adventures dive with crocodiles, sa-venues.com/things-to-do/….

The Tsitsikamma Forest is very different from the Drakensberg and I would say do both if you have the time.

SF, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Where would you stay on the beach?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Have a look at Wilderness, there are several guest houses with direct access onto the beach. I stayed at The Dune Guest Lodge a few years ago now, but still gets good reviews. Run by a Swiss couple and excellent service and rooms. We had our own deck with loungers and it was right on the beach.

www.thedune.co.za

Lisa

SF, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Thank you so much

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

I am sure that you have now made your arrangements, but I must agree with you that George is an ideal place to stay if you want to explore the Garden Route, as George is the centre of the Garden Route, where there is so much to see and do. George is surrounded by the scenic Outeniqua Mountains, it is a short drive to some wonderful beaches and coves, it has the mountains and is a short drive to Oudsthoorn, the centre of the Ostrich industry, Cango caves, wildlife parks and more. George also has a wide selection of restaurants and shops, plus the Outeniqua Hop Route, consisting of a tour of the local farms, and if you play Golf, it has the best selection courses. Tsisikamma a 2 hour drive on from George, has forests, rivers, where there are plenty of outdoor activities and a nature reserve down to the rocky and dramatic coast of stroms River mouth. We have stayed in Tsisikamma and had a super two days at Armagh Country Lodge, Storms River, can really recommend it.. For places to stay around George, there are many Guest Houses and Country houses recommended on Trip advisor, and I suggest you look at Malvern Manor.

George, South Africa
Level Contributor
119 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: caves, beach and Tsisikamma

Also have a look at The waves Boutique Hotel in Wilderness. Nice view and right on the beach on a dune...

Reply to: caves, beach and Tsisikamma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George