We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Elizabeth to Cape Town 5-6 days

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Port Elizabeth to Cape Town 5-6 days

My boyfriend and I will be flying into PE on Dec 21 and want to make it to CapeTown around Dec 26. I am having trouble deciding where to stay and how long to stay and with it being over the holidays, choices are limited.

Was thinking a night in Stormsriver, followed by Knysna, then ???? on our way to Cape Town. Any suggestions?

We will have a car. And will we run into a lot of towns being shut down on the 24th and 25th?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Elizabeth to Cape Town 5-6 days

Nothing will really "shut down" - you will find hotels, B&Bs, and restaurants open both days as its high tourist season. Most shops are open up until 5pm on the 24th, but on the 25th they will probably be closed. But yes - high tourist season means a lot of places will be booked up already! In fact, my advice would be to see where you can get accommodation and let that guide how long/where you stay?

Plett is a nice beach destination, but VERY popular in December so you might struggle to find somewhere Knysna is a decent sized town and has a lot of accommodation options so its probably a good place to look for places to stay. Storms River is also nice - foresty and with lots of activities, but would suggest pre-booking these as they are also likely to be fully subscribed.

To make you life easier in finding accommodation, check out safarinow.com/cms/…irie.aspx - they have a good selection of accommodation and they have a system whereby you can post your dates and your budget and the accommodation send you details of whats available.

2. Re: Port Elizabeth to Cape Town 5-6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:20