We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update ?

England, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
Update ?

Hi all

Anyone know if swimming / snorkling allowed now in port Ghalib

Thanks dee

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Update ?

Plenty of people in the Sea and Snorkelling well there is in the Coraya Bay not been in to resort today but there was yesterday.

England, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Update ?

Thanks Jared M

We're off to Siva next week so just wanted update on there.

Dee

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Update ?

Unless Coraya is miles away from Siva so now you know not more info then before...

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Update ?

suggest you check out the threat Shark attack - where luke is updating on the situation in the area , but it appears the shark who was guilty has been caught ( not saying anything about that ;-( )

so suggest things will be back to normal soon if they are not yet

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Update ?

Well this morning I have done a mini tour around Port Ghalib and after asking a few hotel workers and boat owners in the Marina that authorities have not said anything about a ban on swimming or snorkelling. I have been around Marina Lodge opposite side of Port then back round to the other side Sunrise Marina, Siva and the Palace on the beach and there are many people in the water. I can not say if the ban is ignored but there are lifeguards in position with policemen but no one is stopping people going in the water as of this morning. I was doing some business at Coraya Bay and Jaz village and Resta Reef resorts yesterday and plenty of people in the waters there also. There is a 10 minute Drive between port and Coraya yes but still in same area.

England, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Update ?

Thanks

I've read Lukes updates now

Dee

England, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Update ?

Thanks Jared M

Dee

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Update ?

The jetty is open since yesterday afternoon.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Update ?

thanks for the through update Jared , glad its business as normal :-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Update ?

I'm off next weds can't wait, and if I see anyone feeding fish I will certainly say something

Dee

Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam